FineScanner - PDF Document Scanner App Free + OCR app for iPhone and iPad
6880 ratings )
Current version: 6.7.8
, last update: 6 months ago
First release : 24 Jul 2012
App size: 65.79 Mb
FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to quickly capture docs and books, creating electronic copies in PDF and JPG, and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from world-leading OCR software company ABBYY.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture category in the Mobile Star Awards *****
Use your iPhone/iPad with FineScanner to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, pictures, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies. Ideal for individuals, business, government or school use - anytime, anywhere.
• PDF & JPG. Scan any printed or hand-written text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. Enable the Book mode in your camera and take snapshots of facing book pages. BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner. (Premium account and Internet required)
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (docx, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (Premium account and Internet required, up to 100 pages per document)
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT SEARCH SUPPORT.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email (Premium Account required)
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on viewfinder and FineScanner automatically chooses and processes the best of three images captured.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside app with tags and search capabilities
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
The free version is ad-supported.
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription includes:
• Text recognition (OCR)
• BookScan technology
• Password on PDF
• No ads
Subscribtion lenth perionds: 1 month for $4.99 with 7-days free trial or 1 year for $19.99.
The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
@ABBYY_Mobile at Twitter
IMPORTANT! We are unable to respond to your comments in AppStore. With any questions and suggestions contact us directly at email@example.com
Your Office & Library Pocket Scanner.
Please leave a review if you like FineScanner. Thank you!
Pros and cons of FineScanner - PDF Document Scanner App Free + OCR app for iPhone and iPad
FineScanner - PDF Document Scanner App Free + OCR app good for
This app does a great job scanning books. If you find yourself needing to digitize a few pages or even chapters, its Book Scan feature makes quick work of any length book.
Awesome on the go app. Helped me a lot fir my work. Easy, fast and convenient!
This power house is better than most of the big fully sized apps. I recommend this app to any professional on the hook it up with your printers email and you are good to go.
This scanner works extremely well. It was easy to figure out and uploaded my documents to cloud storage without any problems!
I use it all the time for receipts, menus, other documents I need yo save. Who needs a scanner any longer? This is it!
Great app use it every time I need it. good copies all the time
Some bad moments
I paid too much for this. I wanted it for book scanning. Does a terrible job and even uploads after 10 scans or so. It should store the whole book on your phone and upload when finished.
I also own the Abby FineReader Mac OCR. Not any better. Years ago, I purchased Abby Fine Reader for my work and it worked wonders. Scanning seems to be much worse now. I would not recommend wasting your money.
I wanted to scan a book, so I purchased the BookScan add-on. It was a very frustrating experience.
* Splits scans into two pages. Works most of the time.
* Images have to be uploaded and are split in the server. They take a really long time, maybe almost one hour for a 250 pages book. Also, the images are not uploaded in the background. You have to stop scanning and wait for it.
* Sometimes (quite often) it wont split the scans. Theres no option to reprocess the images. The only option is to delete them and rescan them again.
* You might want to proceed with the scan in small batches and verify once in a while whether the pages are being scanned and split correctly. Now to get to the last pages you just scanned, you have to scrool with your finger, one by one, all previous pages you have scanned. Theres no "past page" button or quick access. Imagine this with a 250 pages book...
I paid for the suite of services from ABBEY and am now mad I paid. I thought the scanner would come in handy as I work in insurance and often need to scan or copy documents while on the road. I scanned a few policies using this app and the result has been a nightmare. Instead of considering the scan one PDF it stores the files almost like individual images. A 20 page document turned into a 100MB PDF! That is ridiculous and it causes trouble when trying to email, print, work with, etc. This scanner is brutal and not worth the money. Im going to buy a portable, desk top scanner now.
Every time I use the app, Im pestered for a review. Anything nice I might have is erased by the incessant begging.
Converting to searchable PDF is a miss. It does this thing where it looks the text is was printed twice. Not sure. In addition, it takes a long while for it to convert a PDF file. A 20 page PDF took me about 5-10minutes to finish converting. Im using an iPad Pro 9.7. If your looking for an app that converts pad files to scannable PDF. Try Scanbot. The app converts at half the speed quicker with no inconsistencies.
Own the desktop version. Not willing to pay $2.50 every single month.
scaner for me,
scanner for me,
scanner app free,
pdf to word,
pdf scanner free,
word document free,
scan to pdf,
pdf to word converter,
and other. So, download free FineScanner - PDF Document Scanner App Free + OCR .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually FineScanner - PDF Document Scanner App Free + OCR iOS app used & searched for